Saturday, October 27, 2007

Sleep..What's that?

I have a confession to make, my son is 11 months old today and still doesn't sleep through the night. But last night, there was finally a break through of sorts...yay. I should say that Joshua did sleep through the night from about 6 weeks, until around 4 months, and then he went backwards, waaay backwards..where some nights he wakes up every couple of hours and most nights he doesn't sleep in more than four hour blocks. I went from feeling pretty rested, for a new mom, to being sleep deprived, although I think my body has now grown accustomed to only about 5 or 6 hours a night, as i don't really feel the lack of sleep anymore. Anyway, back to the breakthrough. Last night he slept from 7 until 11:30 (usually he wakes up at least twice, during this time) and I fed him and then he slept until 4 (used to be 3), stood up and cried, I put him down, walked away and....drum roll... for the first time ever he stayed down and went right back to sleep. I couldn't believe it. I was in shock. It seriously was a miracle of sorts (usually it takes at least 15 minutes of him standing, then me putting him down before he settles again). It must have been all the praying we did over him the day before, so here's hoping, and praying that tonight he won't even wake at 4.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Char,
Nice to hear from you. I have to ask though: what on earth does SAHM stand for?

Thirsty said...

Paige, SAHM stands for stay at home mom