Sunday, February 24, 2008

First Hair Cut


Okay, for the life of me, I can't get this durn program to cut and paste, so this is all out of order. what i wrote should be first, before the pictures. This picture should be second. this of course is Ken cutting Joshua's hair.



aaaahhh...now it won't let me write under this picture. this is Joshua before the haircut...




After the Hair cut...From the back
Front view....isn't he cute...i'm biased of course.


So Joshua got his first hair cut this week. Yes, all his beautiful curly locks were cut off and he looks quite different now, older in some way. Ken cut it. I can't cut anything straight, which by the way, is why i hate any breads or buns that aren't presliced (just thought you might like to know that). Anyway, the reason for cutting it is that Joshua was starting to have Albert Einstein hair and people were continually thinking he was a girl. in fact, just the day before his hair was cut, this mom at the playground said to her child, "watch out for the little girl," grrrrr! That was the last straw. When Ken came home that night i said, we are cutting his hair. He was a little reluctant, because he really liked his curls and who knows if they will grow back, but he did it. So now Joshua is shorn, like a sheep:)! And i think it looks quite nice!

2 comments:

armstark said...

So cute!!!
I am postponing Jack's first cut as I'm afraid I'll cut him - he's so squirmy!!!
That's so neat you remember me thru my sis in Abbotsford! I think your sister (LeeAnn?) was in my class and I'm pretty sure I remember you too!
Small world!

heidi said...

oh, how sad!! all of those lovely curls. but i totally understand, i get so prickly when other people mistake tristan for a girl. he looks so much more grown up now!