Thursday, April 17, 2008

ahhh sleep

This is actually an unusual sleeping position for him.
Usually, his bum is in the air. it's actually quite cute:)


okay, well there has been a few record breaking events around here this week. First Joshua went 11 1/2 hours one night before waking up. Usually he wakes up still after nine or ten hours of sleep, which, lucky me, tends to be around 4 or 5 in the morning. Thankfully, he usually goes back to sleep, although i usually have to get up and lay him back in his crib and give him a few pats on the back first.


Then he had a 2 1/2 hour nap...not once, but twice, this week. That is the record of records. I know for most of you who have great sleepers that may not seem significant. But for my child it sure is. Usually he only makes it to an hour, if i'm really lucky, he'll sleep for an hour and a half, and then sometimes it's only 45 minutes, which is often it for naps for the whole day, as he no longer takes two naps. Now, although i was really excited about the extra long sleep, part of me actually kept hoping he would wake up soon, because i just didn't know what to do with myself, not being used to having all that free time. I almost felt like i wasn't earning my keep:)

1 comment:

armstark said...

oh I feel your pain there!!! Jack has been a horrible sleeper and I hate to tell people when he has a good night (I might jinx myself!)
Matthew was great! We did Babywise with both kids from the start (well, as much as we could) and it worked like clockwork for Matthew - not the case for Jack... my body just gets teased when he has a good night... it doesn't usually last, but he goes back to sleep! Lately though, he's been doing well.