Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Update

Thought I should write a quick blog to let the two or so of you who read this that we have moved to Vancouver. I never thought I would end up living out here. So far I am enjoying it. We've been here for two weeks. I love being so close to the beaches and a bazillon parks. I don't like, however, not really being able to walk anywhere with the kids because the roads are so darn busy.

We are in a two bedroom apartment, quite a change from a two storied house. But it's not to bad for space. When we first moved in we could harldy walk and with no storage I wasn't sure where we where going to put everything. But somehow everything has managed to find a home and whatever didn't fit went to the thrift store.

Ken is loving his job, which is good. He is working with people who live on the street, trying to find them shelter, temporary and permanant and helping them with a myrid of other things. Much more his thing than police work. Sadly, on that note, we just found out yesterday that one of his troop mates was killed while on duty. She was only 25. Very Sad. Ken is hoping to get out to the memorial service.

So once again we are settling into a new community. My prayer is that we will find a good church to connect with quickly and that we will meet some people out here with kids. Joshua is more and more needing social interaction with kids his age. I have signed him up for preschool, but that doesn't start till the fall.

So that's it, mostly, i think..

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey charlene - just a note to say that i'm one of the two people who read your blog :-) am reading it from south africa (where the mornings are a chilly -2C) and was glad to see an update - and that you're in van. cool - see you there in the fall! carmen

Carmen said...

hey charlene - just a note to say that i'm one of the two people who read your blog :-) am reading it from south africa (where the mornings are a chilly -2C) and was glad to see an update - and that you're in van. cool - see you there in the fall! carmen

Danielle said...

Did you find a good church? Are you still in an apartment? We just made a move to a new town and we are in an apartment until we find a house. Looking for friends and a church too.