Sunday, October 19, 2008

And here is what love is

I have recently seen love in action. I have seen a community of believers rise up and surround my sister with love and practical care in her time of need.

I saw a friend stay tirelessly by her side while she was in the hospital, using her knowledge as a nurse to help her with the physical aspects of her illness coupled with her c-section and assisting in the adjustment of taking care of two babies.

And now that she is back home there is an army of people assigned to bring meals, to clean, to do laundry, to do night feedings. This, to me, is a shining example of what the body of christ can be like.

It is acts like these that restores my faith in my faith, if that makes any sense at all. It is really inspiring to see people moved to action on the behalf of another. I only hope to see more of this occur and I only hope that I myself will rise to the challenge that this presents to me. To walk out my faith in such a manner as this. To reach out when i see a need, to not just ignore and walk by. To pray with fervor, not as if I'm filling out a shopping list. To love, even though it may hurt me in the end.

1 comment:

heidi said...

its so wonderful to hear about stories like this, where the body really cares for and loves one another. your nephews are adorable...and so big! wow :) congrats, auntie!