I just looked at the date of my last post and realized it's been almost two months since i last posted. What can I say. I've been lazy. I haven't felt like typing and trying to make sentences with my adled brain plus i've been really tired and nauseous lately---hmmm see if you can guess why!!!!!
Anyway, enough with the excuses. The real truth is probably more that my life is pretty boring and not much happens that is really writable. Although some people seem to have a gift of making the mudane interesting and even funny, that's not me at all. I've always tended to lean more towards the serious, deep side of things. Although, I often wish i could be funny and i love reading funny blogs, but alas i don't have much of a funny bone myself.
I was just thinking about the title of my blog and realized i don't feel so much of a rookie mom anymore. It's nice to have some confidence now. Confidence i was sorely lacking when i first began the journey as a mom, when i honestly knew absolutely nothing except how to change a diaper and that the kid needed to be feed every two hours or so. So obviously i made many, many mistakes. I never thought about taking a course or reading a book about parenting babies. I thought they cried, slept, and ate. I didn't know they wouldn't just sleep through the night on their own eventually and it might take a whole year ( at least it did for me). In fact i remember seeing some books on sleep in the library and thinking why would you need to read a book about sleep? Ah the naivitee(sp?)! Ah well it's all good now. So my little baby is now two and he constantly astounds and amazes me. He is the joy in my life---well most of the time anyway:) And when i think about that i remember the night i found out my first baby had died in the womb and the verse that came to me out of the blue was "weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning." (ps 30:5)
3 comments:
oh, charlene, tell us, are you pregnant??? SO many friends of mine are getting pregnant right now, its so much fun!
i so know what you mean about the "rookie" part being over. i too feel somewhat cautiously confident in my mothering skills :) keel up the good work and post more often! i'd love to see updated pictures of joshua too!
um... congrats??? your posts are never mundane or boring! you have greast insight into life and your blog is always interesting!
Hey I keep meaning to say Congrats!!! Wow, baby #2. :) Keep blogging - I, for one, am very interested in keeping up the contact with you and this is a great way to do that!!
Post a Comment