I'm expecting #2! In case you're wanting some of the details. I think i'm almost nine weeks. I know, pretty early still, so i have a long way to go. The baby should come the end of August, August 23rd to be exact. Oh here's a funny concidence. Ken's supervisor at work has a son who is one week older than Joshua and they too are expecting their second and she is due at the beginning of August. Funny hey, both their kids will be the same age as ours.
The first trimester is never a lot of fun for me. I don't get as nauseous as my sister-in-law, who has to go on medication, but typically I feel nauseous all day. I have even woken up at night and still felt nauseous. Not a lot of fun. But, I'm also glad for it b/c it tells me everything is going okay with the baby. When I was pregnant the first time the nausea only lasted a couple a weeks and I remember thinking this is great. I didn't even feel like I was pregnant. When I was almost 12 weeks, via ultrasound, we found out that the baby had died and that's why the nausea disappeared, so i'm always a bit anxious if I don't feel nauseous.
Oh and boy do I crave salty food all the time. I want burgers and fries and nachos and macaroni and cheese, pretty much anything that's not really healthy, so i have to try very hard not to give into my cravings. I don't always succeed though. Today I caved and had a bacon and cheese burger---oh was it good:)!!! And when I went grocery shopping anything packaged i wanted to buy--kraft macaroni and cheese, canned spaghetti (of all things)-- i didn't buy it though--yay for me:)!!!!
Hey, i'd love to hear what kinds of cravings you had when you were pregnant. what parts of pregnancy did you like and what did you dislike?
2 comments:
Congrats!!! It's so exciting!!!!
With Matthew's pregnancy, I craved fruit - frozen, fresh, smoothies, the more, the better! Near then end, it was KD and I never eat that stuff! LOL!
With Jack, I was so sick that nothing was good for a while... I went on diclectin at 5 weeks and stayed on until I delivered. During the times I actually craved something, it was usually Doritos! LOL! Probably why I gained 45 pounds with that pregnancy!
I gotta be honest though - I don't enjoy pregnancy... Matthew's was just so surreal and weird and with Jack's I had a hard time relaxing thinking I would lose it as we lost a pregnancy between the boys. I felt bloated and huge both times... I'm the wrong person to ask!
Even in the sickness, I felt like you - I was happy for the symptoms!
hooray!! so happy to hear the news! lets see, with both pregnancies iv'e had the same cravings (so far) which include fresh fruit, fresh veggies (like a nice crips salad) and oftentimes, potato chips! this time around i had a huge aversion to anything casserole-like during the first trimester. my favourite part i have to say is where i'm at right now. i'm 20 weeks, so halfway there, still looking "cute-ish" and not "Whale-ish", over the nausea part, people can tell i'm pregnant and not just fat, i'm not sick of my maternity clothes yet, i still have energy, and i don't pant yet when i have to walk up stairs :) so excited to read more about this exciting journey you are on!
Post a Comment