Yay! I had my first, and only, ultrasound this morning. I'm always a little nervous before Ultrasounds, as my mind busily conocts all the things that could be wrong with the baby. Then I watch the technichan for any signs that something is wrong--b/c they never tell you, you always have to wait and find out from your doctor, which I hate. And it's not till I get to see the baby myself that I can finally relax.
Aren't ultrasounds just the most amazing things? To think that you actually get the opportunity to see your baby way before it's even born. It's nice to be able to see that all the parts are there, although for awhile today I thought the baby was missing one arm. The technican reassured me that both arms were in fact there. And the baby seems to be fine. Phew! The baby(which secretly I refer to as she, but I probably shouldn't do that, just in case it's a he, but i can't seem to help myself) was sucking his/her thumb and stretching and swallowing. All such normal actions, but I was totally in awe and in love already. And to think people abort their babies even at this stage---i just shudder at the thought.
Joshua got to come in and see the pictures of the baby too, but he didn't really seem to care all that much. I dug out his ultrasound picture when we got home to show him and b/c i wanted to compare the pictures. This one does look different. The head is smaller, hmmm so maybe that means a girl??????
Anyway, just had to share this, as am thrilled to have sort of met my new baby and can't wait to meet him or her in person.
Oh and I decided to drink a little less water this time and am i glad i did. It was so much less painful and uncomfortable than the other times i've had it done.
2 comments:
i too felt such a strong connection with my babies after seeing them on the ultrasound. feeling them move for the first time is amazing as well, but there's just something about having a little window into their world!
Completely amazing!!! I loved the ultrasounds... I was sorta happy that I had a few with each kiddo (even though they had concerns and that's why I had more), I was still excited that I got to see the baby again! I remember in Matthew's last ultrasound his eye was moving and they showed me - it was so neat!!! Even though they look different in the images, you will probably think they handed you another Joshua when you see this little one born - I've heard this from many moms - it's amazing!
Post a Comment