Thursday, October 30, 2008

post number two: Oh how I hate Halloween

Okay, I was just reading Heidi's blog (and yay, i finally figured out how to do the links) about how she hates Halloween and it reminded me of my trip to the mall yesterday, so I just wanted to share my feelings with you, unburden myself so to speak...

oh how i hate Halloween!!!!! i'll say it again, just in case you weren't clear the first time...I hate!NO...... I loath Halloween!!! I don't actually remembering hating it until the last couple of years! Before it was always about getting candy and the gruesome decorations didn't really bother me all that much, although i'm not sure they used to be as gruesome as they are now. So, I don't know if it's having a child that's made me more sensitive or if it's age or what. But I do know that when I walked into the mall yesterday, I just wanted to walk right back out and I would have if I hadn't needed to get a present for my sister, whose birthday happens to be on Halloween. Seriously, i think the way this particular mall decorates for Halloween is reprehensible. I mean do these people not realize that a lot of young kids will be in the mall with their moms?? What young kid is not going to be scared by vampires and bodies in coffins and life size grim reapers and scary looking witches and blood. I mean these are images that can stick in their heads and give them nightmares. And i even wonder what it can do to them on the spirtual level. Anyway, I figure if it gives me the willies and I just feel heavy and blah and depressed when i'm in this mall then what must it do to the kids. Since being there yesterday, I have been toying with writing a letter to mall managment, because it really, really does bother me.

Why do we do this as a culture? What is fun about being surrounded by all these portraits of evil and death once a year? More and more I just don't get it.

Next year could we please just skip October and go right to November!!!

4 comments:

armstark said...

I think you shoudl write a letter to the mall! What could it hurt?
Our culture talks about diversity and tolerance, but they don't care about beign tolerant to anyone who doesn't "go with the crowd", right?
I agree, the gross decorations can go!
I was actually chatting with my pastor last night at the church carnival about halloween and he said they always took their kids out as they were in a community with a ton of kids - so he felt it was a great outreach opportunity to get to know is neighbours... isn't this what missionaries do? I like his take on it, however, due to the nastiness of the decorations and focus on the dead, blood, vampires, etc - I won't take my kids out tonight.
I know what you mean too about the things in stores, avoid Michael's like the plague this time of year!
I might not care about the decorations if they were just pumpkins and spiders or something, but when it gets gory, it's too far. (IMO)

R and J said...

I agree, you should write a letter and let them know. They may just pay attention.

And I sure do feel the same way as you do, Charlene. I hate seeing that stuff. I was so happy this year when I walked into Zellers and saw that they put out all the Christmas stuff in October, but very little Halloween stuff.

Janice

Anonymous said...

[size=72][color=red][url=http://www.go4you.net/go.php?sid=24]ENTER ON SOFTWARE PORTAL[/url][/color][/size]

[size=46][color=red][url=http://www.go4you.net/go.php?sid=24]DOWNLOAD SOFT![/url][/color][/size]

[img]http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/4762671/2/istockphoto_4762671-software-box.jpg[/img]

[size=46][color=red][url=http://www.go4you.net/go.php?sid=24]OEM SOFTWARE[/url][/color][/size]

[size=72][color=red][url=http://www.go4you.net/go.php?sid=24]DOWNLOAD SOFTWARE[/url][/color][/size]

[size=72][b]Buy Bouscoorse soft programm on Mac[/b][/size]
[size=72][b]Online Bouscoorse software to PC[/b][/size]
[size=72][b]Download Bouscoorse soft programms to Mac OS[/b][/size]

http://www.google.com/

Anonymous said...

fraps crack 2.5.0
4.0.4.15 crack
movie studio boss crack
acamar campaign crack
mx 2004 keygen




suicidegirls password crack
hammerhead pool crack
v-mobile network browser v1.3 crack
mks vir 2005 keygen
3d pacman 1.5 crack
powercontrols 3.0 crack
drm crack napster
statwin pro crack
yishow crack
crack forum password
polargolfer crack
psd2fla crack
robohelp office x5 keygen
triscape fxfoto crack
boundschecker crack
total recorder v5 crack
fireworks mx serial crack
studio max 7 crack
super audio converter 5.0 crack
staad pro 2004 crack download
style xp keygen v3.0
norton crack codes
win xp 64 bit crack