Sunday, January 25, 2009

Food

Do you find that when you are pregnant you constantly think about food? I know I do. If it's not because I have cravings for certain foods, it's because i'm counting how many servings of veggies and fruits I had today and did I eat enough protein etc...etc... I love food, always have, but I think I'm starting to get a little tired of having to think about it all the time.

Oh and yes, I'm sure if you have a toddler you think about food a lot too. Every day, almost, I'm contemplating how can i get some vegetables into him. Joshua will eat fruit and lots of it and bread of course, but vegetables..no way. I'm lucky if I get a serving of veggies into him in one day. What is it with kids and healthy food. If he gets to eat something not particularly healthy (chips, chocolate, fries etc) he will chow down like he's been starved and hasn't eaten in a week, but put some broccoli or carrots in front of him and it's like pulling teeth to get him to touch it (sigh)!

2 comments:

Jeanette Tinworth said...

Congratulations on being pregnant again - that's so exciting! I guess it's a good thing that you're not feeling well (I read your story), but hopefully, that first trimester will go quick for you. Isn't it funny - we'll (maybe) have babies about the same age again!
Jeanette

armstark said...

yep - the food thing is enough to drive you nuts! LOL!
My doc suggested aiming for balanced nutrition throughout a whole week rather than day to day (within reason) as kids can be such light eaters - so I try to go by that and not stress too much!