Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Glad that's over

Well, I haven't been able to post for a while, so thought I'd do a couple just to catch up. We had quite the event over the weekend.
I had mentioned in a previous post that Joshua had a bad cold. Well, that cold just got worse. His cough went from a dry cough to a wet cough and he was coughing so hard that he was puking up food. He refused to eat solids and the one time we did get some down him, he vomited it up. He then also developed a fever. So, we thought okay we'll ride this out, it will get better in a few days and then Saturday night he woke up and he was so hot and he was breathing really fast and coughing like anything, so we called the nurses line and she suggested we take him into emergency (this was close to 12). Fine, so we got up, changed, and drove down to emergency (which thankfully is only a few minutes away). Checked in and I thought that because he was a baby we'd get in pretty fast to see a doctor. Nope! We were there for 3 hours waiting. We did get some entertainment, as there was a lady screaming, I'm dying...get me some orange juice..if you don't get me some orange juice, I'm going to die..Obviously a little high on something.....oh there was also some classic very kid friendly tv on (not)! Pretty much it was a porn show masquerading as a reality show--puke ( i think it was called a shot of love).
Anyway, they eventually called us and the doctor eventually showed up and said I think he might have pneumonia. Not good! So we had to go and get chest xrays done. Also not good! Joshua seemed fine at first, he was even waving at the x-ray tech and then he started eyeing the machine and seemed to realize something was going on because he started crying even before Ken sat him on the box. It was horrible. He was screaming and saying ni ni ni ni (which I think is his no), waving his arms around and pleading with tears streaming down his cheeks for me to pick him up, but i couldn't, yet i so wanted to. Boy was I glad when that was done. The x-rays came back clear, so we were sent home and he's fine now thank goodness. Although being out from 12ish to 4 in the morning didn't do wonders for his sleep schedule (sigh).. All that work to get him to sleep until 5ish and now it's out the window, back to the 11ish wake up (sigh)! Oh, well, I'm just thankful he is okay and now almost over that nasty cold.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Charlene, I just came across your blog on Korrine's blog. What a scary thing with your little guy! Glad to hear he's OK. Was he born Nov 26 then? (I noticed the birthday post). My Sammy was born last year Nov 27! Isn't this a cute age? :)

Thirsty said...

hi holly, Joshua was born Nov 27 last year, same day as your little guy.. And yes, it is a cute age. I love it

Korinne Tjepkema said...

Hey Char - I tagged you on my blog. Check it out! :)