Friday, November 2, 2007

The Vaccum Monster

I've been staring at the carpet the past few days, wanting so badly to vaccum, but alas I can't unless Ken is home, and I only remember when he is gone. Why does Ken have to be around, you may be asking?? Good Question! That is because Joshua is literally terrified of the vaccum cleaner and he can't be anywhere around it when I'm vaccumming, so Ken has to take him out for a walk.
I have tried over the past months to see if his terror has subsided at all, but no, everytime I turn that durn thing on he starts shrieking like the end of the world is at hand. Alas, the dust bunnies and I are becoming good friends. Now, if only I can remember that when Ken comes home today, that I need to vaccum, all will be right with the world once again.

1 comment:

Korinne Tjepkema said...

Oh I SO went through that with Mercy and it didn't subside until recently. She actually started pointing to spots I'd missed recently!! Yeah, our carpet got pretty gross because I, too, had such a hard time remembering when Brian was around!! Here's what I did to help Mercy overcome her fear - I bought her one of those push/pop toys and called it her vacuum and told her to help me. But it still took awhile for her to overcome the fear.