Friday, November 23, 2007

this n that

Well I guess I'll start with the news that Joshua has his first bad cold. His cough sounds terrible and I feel so bad. I'm not sure where he got it. He's not sleeping very well either and won't eat solids, so all together not fun for the "little fella" (that's what my brother-in-law calls him). I'm finding it rather exhausting as well.

Another cute story. I realized the other day that Joshua understands what bathtime means. A few days ago, when I said to him that it was bathtime, he stopped what he was doing and went to the bathroom and stood by the door waiting for me--very cute. Our bathroom door has to be closed or we'll find Joshua splashing around in the toilet bowl.

And one more.. he said Hi very clearly a couple of days ago. He was in the bath and Ken came home and came into the bathroom to say Hi and Joshua looked up and said Hi (really clear) and something that started with a D and sounded like Dad, but it wasn't really clear. Then preceeded to try to jump out of the tub for a hug from his Daddy. I couldn't believe my ears, but then he said it again later on that night, so I guess it wasn't just my imagination.

It's exciting to see him change and grow and amazing to think that a year ago he wasn't even born and now he's walking and communicating (of sorts). I look at him and just think, wow, how miraculous he is. How amazing God is!

2 comments:

heidi said...

how exciting that he's learning how to talk!! isn't it amazing watching them grow and learn so much every day? i thank God that i too can stay home with my son and take it all in. hope he feels better soon.

Anonymous said...

Charlene you are an amazing woman doing an amazing job of nurturing Joshua. I really appreciate all that you do! You are an awesome wife and mother. Love your hubby
:)