Friday, November 30, 2007

Seven Random Facts

Well, I started this awhile ago, but haven't really been in a writing mood, so thought today I should really stop procrastinating and get this list done.

I've been tagged by Heidi and Korinne http://www.nothingbutbluesky.blogspot.com andhttp://www.mercyfulmusings.blogspot.com
(how did you guys get just the name to click on? i couldn't figure out how to do it.)
Here are the rules:

1. Link to the person’s blog who tagged you.

2. Post these rules on your blog.

3. List seven random and/or weird facts about yourself

4. Tag seven random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.

5. Let each person know that they have been tagged by posting a comment on their blog.

Fact One:
I do not have a middle name. I'm not really sure why my parents only chose to give me a first name. Only one of my sisters has a middle name; it's Marie, but the rest of us all got shafted.

Fact Two:

I love chips. I would pick chips over chocolate or sweet things anyday. Give me a book and a bag of chips and I am in heaven.

Fact Three:
I am also a people pleaser. I hate having people upset at me. I want everyone to like me. I, like you Heidi, will stress out over having people over to dinner. The house has to be perfectly clean and I have to have the perfect meal. Right now I'm trying not to stress out over Joshua's birthday party.


Fact Four:
I am very competitive. Most people are surprised when they find this out, as I guess I come across as a "nice" girl (if only they knew). When I was a child we would have family game and treat night. One of the games we often played was called happy families. Well that game was only happy if I got the wriggly (gum) family and won of course. If I didn't, well would I get mad. Oh, I also remember making a friend upset, because I got mad at her because she was beating me at Sorry. And, I hate playing games with my husband because he almost always wins, so no fun. Then when it comes to sports, I can be very aggressive, which also really surprises people. I have gotten better over the years, but I still don't like losing.

Fact Five:
When I was younger ( I don't think I'm so bad now) I was very stubborn and independent. I never got homesick and for me going a way to camp was a big adventure and I felt very grown up. so that's the independent part. This story exemplifies my stubborn streak. One day after school, my Dad showed up to pick us up from school out of the blue. You would think I would be pleased about this, after all who would want to take the bus when you can go in a car. I was not! I refused to go home in the car. I was going on the bus, thank you very much. So, my Dad gave in and let me go home on the bus. Yes, strange child I know.

Fact Six:
I didn't get my eyebrows done until I was in my 20's. They were very nice and bushy before that. I think it's because I never really cared much about my appearance. I don't know why exactly. I don't think I really clued in to the importance of appearance ( i still don't really think about it too much). I always thought personality was more important (yeah, not so smart)

Fact Seven:
wow, this is harder than I thought it would be. I'm getting a little stuck here. what else...hmmm I guess that I grew up in New Zealand and I also lived in England for a while, but I think most people know that. oh, i know the next place I'd love to go is Israel.


now, i'm supposed to tag someone, but i don't really have anyone to tag, as Heidi and Korinne are the only people i know who do blogs ( the other blogs i have links to are missionaries blogs). So, can I tag anyone out there who reads this, that i don't know does, and you can let me know and then I can go read yours.

1 comment:

heidi said...

ive been checking your blog to see when you'd post this. i LOVED your answers! btw, to make a word into a link, click on the link icon on the toolbar of the "new post" screen. it looks like a little globe with a chain linking in front of it..i just figured that one out too! you'll have to post pictures of joshua's party!